I thought today we would look at a great article about some of the top photography techniques. In addition I compiled a list of my top favorites as a photographer from my fav gear to quote! So to start here’s a glance at some of my favs!
MY TOP TEN
- My fail safe lens- Canon 24-105 mm 1:4 w/ image stabilizer: This is a great lens to have for all purpose general photography. It is the also the lens that I use most for personal photography. I keep it on one of my cameras at all time because it is such a great all purpose lens!
- My favorite PS tool- For me the most used Photoshop tool has to be the adjustment Shadow/Highlight. It opens the door to so many possibilities and is easily overlooked!
- My most used Lightroom adjustment is a Black & White conversion
- My top PS Actions are the Totally Rad action pack
- My most used photography tip- Crop inside the camera, do as much in camera as possible, always!
- My smartest buy- Rain Gear for my camera
- Top on my wishlist- Underwater camera gear
- My biggest life saver- Remote Flash!
- Biggest posing tip- Avoid alien arm/hand!
- My fave photography quote: “ Which of my photographs is my favorite? The one I’m going to take tomorrow.” – Imogen Cunningham
I came across this Smashing article with a list of 50 photography techniques and tutorials. I really love this article because so many techniques become “fad” and people over look some amazing techniques. This article covers a wide range and hopefully you will get out there and experiment with them!
SMASHING’S TOP TEN
- High Speed Photography
- Tilt-Shift Photography
- Black and White Photography
- Motion Blur Photography
- Infrared Photography
- Night Photography
- Smoke Art Photography
- Macro Photography
- HDR (My Personal Favorite)
- RAW Processing
The article is great as it provides links, tutorials and info on the various techniques! Check out the complete article and tutorials HERE