Easter is only a few days away and for portrait photographers it’s a busy time. I was actually shocked at the amount of late calls this year. Usually our clients want the shots before Easter, this year I’ve had more appointments scheduled for the few days before Easter than usual. So I thought we’d talk about some tips for amazing Easter portraits.
- Shoot Outside- Nothing says Spring like shooting outside in an area full of green grass and flowers.
- Get Active- Stage an Easter Egg Hunt for little Ones for great Candids, just make sure they get a treat in at least one egg.
- Go Traditional- Use props like baskets, and colorful eggs.
- Liven it up- Using Live bunnies or chicks makes amazing photos (nothing says adorable like kids and baby animals), however please be careful when doing this. Don’t run out and buy bunnies and chicks, borrow them from breeders or petting zoos or farms. And remember you are dealing with living animals, be prepared for the unexpected!
- Go Big- Huge fake flowers, stuffed bunnies, and eggs help set a great scene.
- Add Religion- Don’t be afraid to go with your clients wishes and add religious symbolism to Easter images.
- Make sure your clients come dressed for Easter-Suggest bright colored clothing, or frilly dresses for little girls and suits for little boys.
- Think outside the box- Get creative and original while maintaining some tradition. As always make your images stand out and your clients will be sure to return!